Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Papers, please!"

May 5th, 2010. "You're just like that stupid neighbor lady who used to live next door to me when I was still in school." I said.
   Darger looked at me puzzled, and scribbled some words on his "pad". His "pad" was nothing more than an old magazine with another magazine taped to it, with a blank piece of paper taped on top of that. When the paper was filled with whatever it was that he had written, he would tape a new piece of paper on top of that. I didn't even bother to read what he wrote.
   "It's because you're S-T-U-P-I-D! That's why!"  I concluded.
      "Why don't you write THAT down in your stupid book."  I said it, but immediately wished I hadn't. The poor bastard had his homemade ticket in his front shirt pocket. Without really thinking, I grabbed it and began tearing it to pieces. Darger started to cry.
        "C'mon!" I said. "Get out of the street. You're going to get picked up by some murderers or killer birds or something. Don't be a baby, Darger."
        Meanwhile...Down at the Ravine, the troubles continued for Gen. Glory and his underwhelming fighting forces. The tension is building amongst the enlisted ranks, and morale is steadily sinking below the waves of apathy.  L is for Cinco de MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment